Lecturers' Portal (PDI)
The FEE provides all lecturers who teach in lecture rooms AB01-27 and SB03-06 in the G. M. de Jovellanos building with a technical student assistant (ACT by the Catalan acronym) whose main duties include the following:
- Maintaining computer equipment in lecture rooms,
- Providing technical support and advice to lecturers, and
- Installing software on the PCs in the lecture rooms.
ACTs may be contacted at the following:
- Internal tel.: 6 80 49
- Outside tel.: 628 72 48 21
- Office: DB203 (ext. 9514)
IMPORTANT: ACTs work 4-hour days, mainly in the morning. We therefore recommend you contact them in advance.
1. Stationary computer
· To access the professor’s computer in AB and SB classrooms, you must first be authorized to do so, then simply use your UIBdigital username and password.
· All FEE professors and associated professors are authorized. If you are an FEE professor and you have trouble accessing the computer, contact the technical student assistant (ACT, by its Catalan initials) so that he/she may verify your credentials.
· All professors who are in other departments that participate in the teaching of the GADE and GECO undergraduate degree programmes (mathematics, law) are also authorized. If you are a GADE or GECO professor and you have trouble accessing the computer, contact the ACT so that he/she may verify your credentials.
· Professors who are new to the FEE or the previously mentioned departments are automatically authorized when the course begins.
· All other teaching staff may request access to the computer if they do so expressly with the ACT and indicate the course and in which room they will be giving class. Remember, that to use the projector, you can also use a laptop. In this case however, in order to access the network, you will have to use the UIB’s Wi-Fi.
· Open Office and Microsoft Office.
· The most used web browsers: Chrome, Firefox and Internet Explorer.
· Don’t forget to log out when the class is over. How do you log out? In the lower left-hand corner, click on the “Windows” logo; then, click on the username and select “Tanca sessió” or “Log out”.
· If yours is the last class in that room for the day, shut down the computer. How do you shut down the computer? In the lower left-hand corner, click on the “Windows” logo; then, click on the “Apagar” or “Shut down” symbol and choose “Apagar” or “Shut down”.
· Once logged onto the computer, you can browse the internet, download the documents needed to give class or use a USB flash drive. Whatever the case, once turned off, all information that was saved on the computer will be lost. This includes browsing information and files that have been saved to or left on the computer. Everything will be erased.
2. Projection screens
To write, only use the markers that are provided at the Administrative Services offices in the M. G. de Jovellanos building (Cati Pujol).
In these rooms there are special erasers to use with these screens. Regular chalkboard erasers will not work.
To move the screen, push it from one of the sides, never from the bottom to the top. Help the screen along; don’t force it.
· The projector uses a remote control that is available at the porters’ lodge. The image to the right shows the most useful functions on the remote. Do not try to use the projector without the remote control.
- “Source search”: the projector should recognize the source (PC, laptop, etc.) to be projected. If it does not, press this button until finding the right source.
- “LAN”: to wirelessly connect a device: iPad or iPhone.
- “Aspect”: to change the aspect ratio (16:9, standard, zoom, etc.)
- “A/V Mute”: turns off the projection, that is, it does not display what is being shown on the source input screen.
- When finished with the class, turn off the projector.
- The remote control must be returned to the porters’ lodge after the class.
Projecting with a laptop
· You can connect to the projector with a laptop computer and the connection box that is located on the professor’s desk.
· Kinds of connections:
- VGA (video): available on most laptops. This kind of cable is available in classrooms and is already hooked up in the connection box.
- HDMI (audio & video): available only on newer laptops. HDMI offers higher image quality and the possibility of playing sound. This kind of cable is available at the porters’ lodge and it should be returned after finishing the class.
Projecting with other mobile devices
· If you have an iPad or an iPhone, you can also project images, presentations (without movements) and other documents via the installed projector. In the following document you can find the instructions on how to do this. For more information contact the ACT.
4. Sound system
· Audio is available from the desktop computer, via the PA system (it must be plugged in; see the photo) or via the projector.
· From a laptop, if you use VGA, you will need an audio cable to connect the laptop to the connection box. Audio cables are available at the porters’ lodge.
- PID181903: Evitació del plagi acadèmic: sessions formatives i web de continguts (investigador principal: Alfredo Martín Oliver)
- PID181912: Innovació docent al Grau en Turisme. Introducció de les TIC per l'ensenyament de la gestió de l'empresa turística (sisena edició) (investigador prinicpal: Carlos Mulet Forteza)
- PID181921: Evaluación afectiva de las plataformas de aprendizaje on-line mediante el uso de biosensores (investigador principal: Francisco Rejón Guardia)
- PID181927: Divertir-se per aprendre Economia (investigador principal: Javier Capó Parrilla)
- PID181945: Microprojectes en equip: aplicant la teoria d'economia industrial a un mercat (investigadora principal: María Sard Bauzá)
- PID181951: Evaluación, personalidad y habilidades no cognitivas: evidencia mediante evaluaciones mediante Moodle (investigador principal: Pau Balart Castro)